Welcome back to WWW Wednesday, hosted by Taking On a World of Books.
The aim is to answer the following 3 questions and link up with other book bloggers:
- What are you currently reading?
- What did you recently finish reading?
- What do you think you’ll read next?
1. What are you currently reading?
Still stuck in my slump and trying my best to get out of it.
- Wives and Daughters by Elizabeth Gaskell – 54%
- Further Chronicles of Avonlea by L.M. Montgomery – I realised as I opened it that I bought it in 2008 (I write my initials and the month and year or purchase on the front page). So my TTT post from yesterday is all wrong!
- Lady Death by Lyudmila Pavlichenko
- Writing & Selling Short Stories & Personal Essays by Windy Lynn Harris
2. What did you recently finish reading? (You can read my reviews by clicking on the title)
- Love by Hanne Orstavik
- A Raisin in the Sun by Lorraine Hansberry
- Pour une Enfance Heureuse, Catherine Gueguen
I decided to DNF The Invention of Celebrity. It is extremely well researched and contains lots of interesting information, so it’s not bad by any means. But I found it is quite scholarly in tone and I’m struggling to get through it, I have been trying for about a month now. I do feel “freer” now I have made that decision.
I also read the first 90 pages of Outlander and found it quite badly written. I’ve seen most of the first season already so I know what happens and I really can’t be bothered with a book this size I don’t find well-written.
Women & Children First got DNFed too, as I got about 100 pages in and didn’t care for the characters at all. It’s another long book which I have no time for.
Finally, I tried reading A View Across the Valley, but I wasn’t interested in it anymore. That’s one of the problem with having so many books on my TBR and waiting so long to read them, I end up losing interest in some of them. So I’ll donate it, hopefully someone else will give it some love!
I do feel better now I got rid of some of the books that were weighing me down.
3. What do you think you’ll read next?
I haven’t thought about it yet.
I hope you all had a good reading week!